Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A child's education

I have a daughter Sanjana. She is three and a half years old. She is a joy . Anyway she goes to a montessori. We started noticing that she was not focusing when she was doing her ABC's or her 123's. So my wife started spending time with her after school and she is now doing really well.

It is funny and weird because Nimmi (my wife) and I strongly believe that education of children is parent's responsibility first and the teacher/school's second. We had kind of not focused on her as we thought that since she was going to a Montessori, we did not have to worry. This was a wake-up call for us.

1 comment:

dbsaras said...

I was also shaped by the care and love of Principal Mrs. Mohana Chandrashekar and Vice Principal Mr. Charles Dhanaraj at National English School. I was pleased to see your post, and would agree wholeheartedly with your post. I completed the CBSE program in 1976, and thanks to the excellent academic training, managed to pass the IIT entrance exam. I now live in San Jose California.